Location: UK – Warrington or Aarhus – Denmark
We are looking for a Contracts Manager to join our team either in the Aarhus office in Denmark or the Warrington office in the UK.
The Contract Manager’s main responsibilities are undertaken during the construction of new offshore wind farms, supporting the project team with proactive and ongoing advice and recommendations in respect to commercial and contractual issues affecting the delivery of a project to safety, quality, time and budget.
The Contract Manager provides direct contract management support to the Project Director and the Project Manager. The Contract Manager shall also ensure alignment and agreement with the legal and financial functions in MHI Vestas Offshore Wind.
- Responsible for providing summaries of contractual obligations to the project
- Responsible for reviewing incoming communications from the
customer/contractors and for managing and / or action all contractual
- Responsible for drafting routine notices, submissions and
communications to be submitted in accordance with the contract terms.
- Responsible for reviewing formal correspondences / notices issued by the
Project Director and ensuring that notices are submitted on time and in
accordance with the provisions of the contract.
- Responsible for
interpretation and advice to the project team on the content and interpretation
of the contract in terms of scope, obligations and rights & remedies.
Scope Management / Change Control
- Responsible for facilitating and managing the project variation
- Responsible for managing the process of gathering data and compiling
variation requests / Contractor’s Proposals for approval in compliance with the
relevant contract terms, internal procedures and authorisations.
agreement of scope changes with the customer, contractor or supplier,
responsible for drafting the variation order / contract amendment (for review by
Legal where required) prior to issue to the customer, contractor or supplier for
- Upon signing of the variation order / contract amendment,
responsible for notifying the relevant internal departments.
- Responsible for
circulating the variation order / contract amendment to the project team and
monitoring the progress of change implementation.
Risk & Opportunity Support
- Responsible for facilitating team sessions to identify risks and opportunities,
together with the preparation of plans to monitor and update depending on the
changing circumstances. Provide and present project risk profile at each Gate
- Generally provide input and advice relating to risk
- Responsible for compiling and maintaining the Project Risk
Register and presenting main risks to the Project Steering Group.
- Proactive management of potential claims scenarios.
- Responsible for
maintaining a log / schedule of delays indicating their impact.
for compiling all manner of claims, including Extension of Time and Costs
- Responsible for evaluating contractors’ claims and providing
recommendations to the Project Manager.
The Contract Manager will also be expected to provide contract management advice and assistance on Sales Project’s and to Customer Manager’s during the operation and maintenance of offshore wind farms.
Skills and personal qualities
- Quantity Surveying background at a Senior QS level (Preferable).
- Relevant University Degree and/or relevant professional institute
- Experience from Wind or Construction and/or Engineering
- Substantial commercial and contractual experience.
Management experience, with in-depth knowledge of extension of time and costs
- Contract administration experience.
- Project risk management
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Experienced user of Microsoft
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure to
- Independent self-starter able to manage own workload with
- Team player.
- Accurate and rigid approach to applying
contractual mechanisms and procedures.
- Analytical approach to problem solving
and minimising exposure to commercial and contractual risks.
- Supportive in
coaching other project team members in understanding contractual requirements
- Genuine interest in Construction/Contract Law.
What we offer
We offer you an exciting job in an international company with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment where the ambition is to become global leader in the offshore wind market. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a strong dedication to what we do. You will get a unique opportunity to influence a large offshore project and your own position in an informal and rapidly developing environment.
The successful candidate will be flexible to travel internationally and also within the UK.
Approximately 70 days of travel per year.
To apply for this position
Please log on to http://www.mhivestasoffshore.com, go to the People and Jobs section to find and apply for this role.