Location: United Kingdom, Merseyside
The Service Supervisor will plan all operations at the first V164 Offshore Windfarm Farm, Burbo Bank Extension. You will be working closely with our customer and leading a team of technicians to service and maintain the Burbo Bank Extension Offshore Wind Farm. It will be your responsibility to organise, plan and prepare all offshore activities and to ensure smooth and safe operations. Your work location will be flexible within the Merseyside area supporting the Burbo Banks Extension windfarm. First year prior to production startup there will be significant periods in Denmark and at other wind farms within MVOW as and when required.
Offshore, Operations, Service.
Being a leading manufacturer, seller, installer and service provider of wind turbines, MVOW has large fleets of offshore turbines. The MVOW service department is a professional service business unit currently servicing Offshore wind farms, ranging from 1 x 2MW turbine on a floating platform to 100 x 3MW turbines on the east coast of UK.
You will be responsible for:
- Compliance to Vestas’ Health and Safety Management system
- Plan service
tasks on a daily basis
- Organize Vessel + O&M team transfers
- Prepare transfer plans + Daily reports
– Create Service work orders
- Maintain and update planning board
- Assisting the implementation of new procedures/processes
hours of Technicians
- Planning of Annual Service & Maintenance
- Input to Monthly Customer Report
- Ensure implementation of upgrades
- Servicing the customer to ensure high Customer satisfaction
support to the Site Service Manager
Skills and personal qualities
- Must have wind turbine experience
- Completed electrical or mechanical degree
from a technical school/college/university
- Professional experience
(electrical or mechanical) and preferably offshore and/or with high
voltage (preferably gained over a 2 year period)
Qualifications are: NVQ L4, HNC/HND in Mech/Elec/Marine, C&G full
technological certificate/diploma, passed with Merit. Suitably experienced
candidates without the above qualifications will consider only in exceptional
- Comfortable working offshore and at heights, coping with
the respective challenges this brings
- Knowledge of how to manage
general safety and safety awareness
- Willingness to travel to other sites when
- Flexible, dependable, technically
capable and a team player
- Good organisational & time-management
- Good English skills in reading / writing, basic knowledge of MS Office
and driver’s license
- Excellent communication skills (multi-site
- Adaptability: able to switch easily between
- Ability to influence and lead others in a positive
- Willingness to travel to other sites when required
What we offer
We offer a challenging job with excellent opportunities for vocational and personal development at the world’s leading wind turbine manufacturer. You will become part of a highly professional environment in a strongly expanding industry.
Looking for a career at the forefront of offshore wind development?
MHI Vestas Offshore Wind is a joint venture between Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) and Vestas established in April 2014. The company builds on the heritage of Vestas many years of experience in the offshore industry and MHI strong financial position and industrial legacy. At MHI Vestas Offshore Wind we are also proud to have the game changing V164-8.0 MW wind turbine placing us in the forefront of offshore wind development.
At MHI Vestas Offshore Wind you will find exciting challenges for making an impact at the very forefront of commercial, technological and environmental development in the offshore market. We provide attractive opportunities for personal and career development with a diverse and global work environment in a fast paced industry.
The successful candidate will be flexible to travel internationally and also within the UK.
To apply for this position
Please log on to http://www.mhivestasoffshore.com, go to the People and Jobs section to find and apply for this role.