Location: Denmark, Aarhus
MHI Vestas Offshore Wind is a joint venture between Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) and Vestas established in April 2014. The company builds on the heritage of Vestas many years of experience in the offshore industry and MHI strong financial position and industrial legacy. At MHI Vestas Offshore Wind we are also proud to have the game changing V164-8.0 MW wind turbine placing us in the forefront of offshore wind development.
At MHI Vestas Offshore Wind you will find exciting challenges for making an impact at the very forefront of commercial, technological and environmental development in the offshore market. We provide attractive opportunities for personal and career development with a diverse and global work environment in a fast paced industry.
As our new Support Engineer your primary responsibility will participating in the development, test and operation of the V164 8MW turbine. You will develop into a technical expert on the V164 turbine who has the technical overview and actively give input for improvement. You will also support the other turbine types we have in operation.
You will use your knowledge to support to the Sales and Operation department. You will have the responsibility for a smooth integration of new mark releases of the V164 including projects and planning to improve the services to our customers. You will support the value chain and your focus will be on project assessments including associated customer support. You will set the baseline for accuracy and precision processes, procedures and technology for operational readiness concepts at MHI Vestas Offshore Wind.
You will be involved in all aspects from construction, commissioning to Service.
You will participate actively performance reporting, trouble shooting and analysis together with the Technical Specialists.
As a person you will possess excellent communication skills to convince, motivate and inspire colleagues across multiple sectors.
Your primary tasks will be:
- Daily technical contact to Service teams on site
- Participate in Review
- Participate/facilitate in trouble shooting
root cause analysis.
- Participate in technical meetings with customers
- Participate in technical meetings with suppliers
- Share and distribute
technical information and tasks to the component specialist in the
- General technical support to Sales, Service and
- Support to the documentation team
- Participate in Operational
- Participate in development and onsite test of
- Internal training
- Back-up Support to other turbine platforms.
Qualifications and work experience
- Educational: Technical background is a requirement
- Good technical and project
- Experience in the on/offshore wind industry or in the
energy sector an advantage
- Able to adapt to and understand new
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to act proactively and work
- Able to work in a structured and systematic
- Ability to work with people and customers of
different nationality and cultural backgrounds and at all levels of an
- High energy and drive to achieve good result
- Ability to
speak and write fluent English
- Knowledge of basic MS Office package
- Knowledge of Pro-E, mechanical engineering parts and product design
What we Offer
We are a team of skilled and committed colleagues who are all enthusiastic about offshore wind energy. In MHI Vestas Offshore Wind you will have the opportunity to work in an international environment with flexible working conditions and a great deal of freedom under responsibility. You will have the opportunity to develop a career within a very exciting industry in a global company.
In this job you will be working with a lot of new systems and products, which means that you will be challenged and develop your professional competencies.
Primary work location is Aarhus, Denmark although some travelling is to be expected due to the global activities of MHI Vestas Offshore business.
For further information about the position please contact John Friis, Manager, Engineering Support Technology, at MHI Vestas Offshore T:+ 45 4070 5759.